The Terrace at Solarbron offers recovery and rehabilitation stays in our spacious, private apartments with private baths. Available to Solarbron residents and individuals from the greater community, short-term rehabilitation at The Terrace is eligible for Medicare coverage when certain requirements are met. Our outstanding nursing staff and ProgressiveHealth therapists combine their knowledge, skills and experience to guide people through successful short-term rehabilitation and the post-rehabilitation recovery processes.
Therapies take place in private apartments and in our modern, fully equipped rehabilitation center. This special program helps bring individuals to their optimal health and functioning as quickly as possible through cutting-edge physical, occupational, and speech therapies; person-centered care; and attention to every detail.
Over the past five years, more than 1,200 people have participated in our rehabilitation program and returned successfully to their home environments.
Our short-term rehabilitation program specializes in treating people who have experienced cardiovascular, neurological, or orthopedic challenges such as strokes or hip fractures. Through our partnership with Orthopaedic Associates physicians and ProgressiveHealth therapists, a professional team provides consistent care from diagnosis to full recovery following surgery – even after returning to the home environment. Home evaluations are conducted and resources coordinated for the post-rehabilitation phase to ensure safety and quality of life as individuals return home.
Therapists and nursing staff collaborate with physicians, social workers, nutritionists, the individual and family members to develop a customized personal care plan.
Accommodations, Services and Amenities Include:
- Private apartment with private bath
- Local telephone and cable TV provided
- Three delicious meals daily, plus snacks
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Assessment and development of personalized care plan
- Around-the-clock supervised care to manage complex medical and non-medical needs
- Modern, fully equipped rehabilitation center
- Access to social, cultural and educational programs and activities
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Social and support services including assistance with insurance
- Medicare approved – certain requirements must be met for Medicare to cover a short-term rehabilitation stay
- Most insurances accepted, as well as private pay
Successful Home Transitions
For residents who are transitioning home, community re-integration and home evaluations help ensure a successful and safe return to the home environment. A home visit while the individual is still in our care provides a safety check and recommended adjustments. Plus, the care team provides advice and counsel to residents and their families with a focus on the individual’s wellness and independence.
Our Medical Director
Douglas Hatler, MD is our community’s medical director and leads the Solarbron team in the delivery of care and supportive services. Dr. Hatler specializes in geriatrics and family practice in Evansville, Indiana. He is board-certified in family practice, palliative medicine and hospice.